Sunday 27 April 2008

wet toes

It has been some time since I last wrote, but its been a most social week,quite like old times. I have had great fun seeing lots of old friends in the country but fairly exhausting! I had a lift down to the country which was great but always find it difficult to cut the number of clothes to pack especially when travelling by car! I returned by train, but never on a Sunday as the transport is so bad , and as usual the assistance at Paddington did not arrive. At last a most charming young man (passenger) insisted on looking after me and walked me towards the barrier where the trolley assistance finally arrived heavily apologising! From this moment it was fine and they could not have been more efficient.The waiting room was jam packed with all ages of disabled people all looking rather anxious! I don't know how the assistance coped with them all.
The worst part about going away is the packing and trying to shut the cases! If someone helps they always say I am taking too much which is so annoying as I know what I want!.
Next I went to a joint Services Dinner at my club. Meg who was M.I5(big secret!!!) and I were among the only five women there. I had a doctor on either side of me ,which might have been useful, however whilst one never spoke the other was a charmer!
The next day was a St.Dunstans yearly lunch held in the lovely old RAF club on Hyde Park Corner. My daughter accompanied me and we sat at Lord Lowes table where my daughter noticed that when he made his excellent speech by running his finger along a paper written in braille -quite amazing! The next day it wass off to Spinks with a friend who was selling some medals including a VC, and the money raised was to go to Heros Help.With such a week its no wonder I put my bare foot into kittys water bowl this morning whilst feeling around for her food!

No comments: