Sunday 30 March 2008

Spring Cometh?

A most successful Easter in France with the most excelled assistance at the railway stations and Southampton airport, both ways. It was a joy [as far as it can be travelling these days]
to do the trip which is usually full of stress. It was all great fun, and having taken a friend of much the same age as myself, we were able to do things together and so take the pressure off the family. The worst part I now find is packing and unpacking! Also having a lot of trouble with tooth brushes and toothpaste. Nine times out of ten the bristles are on a trendy twisted side of the handle so it is hit and miss with the paste. Then the paste rushes out of the rotten plastic tube, the result is most in the basin and little on the brush and the tube finished in record time. The next tube I shall try piercing the metal cover left when the cap is unscrewed, and hopefully it will come out like a snail.
Cat was prowling round the bath and on hind legs was peering in. Supposing she wanted the usual drink I lifted her on to the side but still she kept looking in, so I carefully pushed her and to ny suprise she clung to me with open claws. Then to my horror found that I had not let the water out from the day before! Poor kitty she got a fright and wet cold feet.

1 comment:

Polly Pierce said...

Welcome home! It sounds as though you had a right old laugh out in France, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Poor old kitty cat, I'll bet she clung to you for dear life itself!