Friday 7 March 2008

installing broadband

Great excitement getting broad band, and it took quite a while getting it sorted on my software! Now I can get into the Net without that guilty feeling of running up my telephone bill even more. But I still find it often difficult to understand the jargon and think I must get some help from the whizzkids in the familly!
Cat is spending a lot of time in the bath waiting for me to run a splash of cold water. Perhaps she is lacking some vitamin or is sensing me getting ready to go to France for Easter, because on hearing rustling of paper I discovered her in the bag of Easter Eggs! Luckily I found her before she had torn off the paper. It had been quite a performance getting these eggs as I had decided to get them from a special shop in Chelsea. This meant catching the usual and only bus -the 22, to Beaufort St. at Worlds End [where there is a Moravian burial ground all buried standing upright!] The road makes a sharp bend to the left and stops, so I know I have arrived. But this time I checked that I was right because as I stepped off there seemed to be a vast open space. Slight panic as there did not seem to be a pavement! Then a man and wheelbarrow appeared and he explained the whole block had been raised to the ground! and he helped me to the crossing. I arrived at the shop by its delicious smell. After having purchased very expensive chocks and complained about the shops and cafes that had gone, I asked how far down the road was the bus stop . The assistant insisted on taking me along herself. People really are so kind. and so full of free tasting she helped me back on the 22. It was freezing and I was glad to be back home.

No comments: