Wednesday 20 February 2008

craft

Everything has gone very quiet, most of my friends departing for Malta on our sixth bridge holiday which sadly I shall miss this year. They have been such fun and well organised. On the day trips I always took an audio book, and if the ground was too rough, friends would find me a suitable seat in the sun and leave me . On returning would tell me what I had missed, or take me off to see something special. I always enjoyed the chatter, wine and food! Bridge was played after supper. I always travelled with my lamp and cards, and Don and his wife who arranged the tables always reserved me one near a plug. There used to be a few black looks from people I didn't know who thought it was favouritism!
much to our amusement. We were inclined to be a bit noisy and we were constantly being told to keep quiet. Luckily the more serious ones departed to play duplicate in another room where no sound was heard. What a relief for us!
There are still a few players left here, but mostly I have to amuse myself with the mad rug weaving. Watching TV or listing to radio 7 I failed to notice that three needles had no yarn threaded, and after about a foot of work I found one side was all frilly! Well thats something different, and am certainly not undoing it! Unsuspecting friends are presented with finished rugs. I do not ask what they do with them!

1 comment:

Polly Pierce said...

Just a quick note to wish you a belated Happy Birthday!

It must be very frustrating for you when your failing sight causes little mishaps like your frilly rug making! You're so lucky that you have a good sense of humour and can "see" the 'lighter' side of it all.

I enjoy reading your blog; it's nice to "see" life through the eyes of an octagenarian with the timeless wit of youth.

Keep up the good work!