Tuesday 5 February 2008

Perks

One of the perks of living in London with a disability, is the taxi card. This is mostly reliable, and incredibly cheap, paying only £1.50 for a £11 fare. It is a boon to me as I live out in SW6 which is usually twenty minutes by bus from my favourite shopping areas. Another perk is at theatres where you can often get half price seats in front stalls for two. Exhibitions are mostly free for me and companion who I have taught to describe everything in detail ! I am also sort after for shopping in the congestion zone as I only have to telephone and register their car for the day.
In a supermarket the other day I was searching for an assistant, when I thought I spied one at the end of an isle bending over a box. I hurried along and bent down and spoke to her, but suddenly found a couple had stopped beside me rather concerned as I was actually talking to the box! The assistant long since gone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bravo and a Happy Birthday to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!