Sunday 17 February 2008

freezing day

As social life has calmed down I intended to write up the blog days ago, but a friend had given me a present af lavender oil to promote good sleep! It obviously did its job well as two mornings I slept until 10.00am! and it left my brain completely fogged up! I couldn't even make myself go shopping. They were such glorious days but freezing! In the end I walked to the hairdresser. The light was not good and I was seeing through a hazy snow storm. But I knew the route well. Over the first road-one way, a narrow path between the pub with its hanging baskets on one side and tables on the other side,past the lovely TA building, and so on, catching glimpes of landmarks, sometimes light catching a rail or white lines. Seeing a zigzag you know that there is a crossing at the end, also at the start of the crossing thepavement
is studded with little bumps which is useful. Pressing a button to cross the road, if it does not bleep you put a finger under the box and a large screw turns indicating that you can cross. This time I missed the salon and I realised by the smell of food that I had gone too far!

No comments: