Tuesday 22 January 2008

digi box

At last the sun is out and the howling wind gone from the river. So a good day to meet a friend for lunch so no need to make much supper. Striding down the pavement to the club where there no roads to cross, a man passing asked if I was water divining? We had a laugh, and I greplied- this is not a forked hazel but a rare solid bamboo! Thats a new one! Returning home, Ijust avoided eating a soggy tea bag I had not felt on a tea plate where I had put asmall bun!
Another good gadget is the talking digital TV box. It reads out the numbers as you press the buttons, and also on some programs, a voice fills in silent parts , mostly well done but it can be annoying, but on the whole useful. It can be switched off but difficult to put on again in fact impossible for me as I discovered when a grandson had been staying!

3 comments:

Rugby fan said...

Hello Grandma,
Simon here, this is a great blog and i hope it helps people as much as you would like it to. I never really knew much about what you did in the war so it is great to find about it.
Lots of love
Simon

Up The Garden Path said...

Blame the grandson I say!!! I've left a link on my blog.
www.grandgennetay.typepad.com

Alison said...

Hello, I'm enjoying reading your blog so far.

I wish I could say the weather has improved where I am in Scotland, but I think we're due for some serious snow!