Thursday 23 October 2008

Country Visit

its ages since i wrote this up, I was either ill, or too tired or no time! And now today I hear that blogging is old hat!
I decided to invite myself away for the weekend.
It was great to be back in that vast farming county of Lincolnshire,. The disabled parking at Kings Cross was most efficient and we were met by booked assistance who took me to collect my two single tickets [half the price of a return!]. Then put me on the train and telephoned through to ny destination to make sure that I would be helped off the train. All worked like clockwork!
The first person we spoke to was the mole catcher. He had had a good day,mole skin slippers no doubt! Next a look at a newly ploughed field and it was noted that no grass verge had been left. The stags in the park were still standing together as there has been no frost yet. But best of all was the woodmans story of investigating the security lights which had turned on the night before, he suddenly saw a little mother hedgehog carrying a baby across the drive and over a fence,deposited it and returned for another, such a pity he had not a camera.
The return journey was not quite so smooth, but the guard who I chatted with had been alerted that I had booktd assistance in London, saved the day when non turned up, so all turned out well in the end!

No comments: